MyPrevea Security Statement
Thank you for visiting the MyPrevea Website and reviewing our privacy and security statement. Prevea Health is strongly committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal and healthcare information and the security of our computer systems. Prevea utilizes industry accepted security practices. Additionally, our systems use firewalls and encryption to protect your information from others.
Here Is How we protect you
Here Is How You Can Help
- Encryption: We use industry standard 128-bit Secure Socket Layer encryption to communicate from your web browser to our secure web server.
- Firewall: This protects our systems and your personal health information from the Internet.
- Session Timeout: For security purposes we have setup a logout timer. After a certain period of inactivity, your session will log out automatically.
- Monitoring: We employ software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to access information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Software Updates: We apply the latest security and software updates as they become available.
- Dedicated Web Server: We separate our MyPrevea web server and the electronic medical record systems. In the unlikely event that the web server is compromised, no health information would be exposed since it is not stored on the web server. All patient information is stored only in the electronic medical record, which is behind a firewall.
- No caching on client side through the browser: We disable caching of data in the browser and force the web pages to expire immediately. This prevents a follow-on user from viewing pages that you had previously viewed while using MyPrevea.
While we at Prevea Health continue to provide security controls to protect your information, we believe it is extremely important for you to share in the responsibility for security. The following are some ways you can protect yourself and your accounts:
- Never share your access password with anyone.
- We recommend you change your password on a regular basis. If you think your password has been compromised, change it and contact us immediately.
- Use only the secure email service provided within MyPrevea when sending or requesting account or personal information.
- Consider using a personal firewall to prevent hackers from invading your personal computer, especially if you are using DSL or a cable modem to access the Internet.
- Install virus protection software and scan all downloaded software, as well as all diskettes, before use. Also, delete emails with attachments from unknown sources.
- When you are done using this service, always click on the Logoff button on the Web site to exit the application and prevent further access to your account.
- We recommend that you do not access MyPrevea from a Public PC. These units can sometimes become compromised and you may be taking an unnecessary risk of disclosing your personal information to someone.