There are many features of MyPrevea.com that are helpful to patients. It's secure, convenient and efficient!
To request access for your own MyPrevea account, click here.
- View your current health records
- Schedule an appointment or view the details of upcoming appointments
- Review lab results
- Communicate with your provider via secure messaging for prescription refills and medical advice for non-urgent questions or concerns.
- View your account information or pay your bill via credit card.
Guidelines For Patients Using Secure Messaging with Prevea Health Providers Through MyPrevea
- NEVER USE SECURE MESSAGING FOR URGENT MATTERS.
- Please reserve secure messaging for specific concerns. Providers may choose to discontinue communicating with a patient who takes up too much of their time without addressing a specific health concern.
- If your provider provides you with specific guidelines, please abide by them. Unless you are paying for the providerís advice understand that the communication is a privilege granted to assist you in addressing your healthcare concerns.
- Remember that all communication with your provider become part of your permanent medical record.
The American Medical Associationís Ethics Committee has recommended the following guidelines for patients:
- Be concise Ė state your problem or question clearly with specific information such as date and time of occurrence, etc.
- Include your full name in the message.
- Keep copies of the e-mail you receive from your providers. In most cases, your provider will save both sent and received e-mail in your patient record.
- Be aware that your message may be received by a nurse or other staff who work with your provider. At times, your provider may consult with other providers regarding your inquiry.
- If your provider recommends that you come in for an office visit, please be considerate that they may not be able to diagnose a condition or prescribe medications without actually having examined you.
The following are special considerations for patients using MyPrevea to access their personal electronic medical record.
- When using a patient portal such as MyPrevea, messages are automatically made part of your electronic medical record. Do not send inquiries regarding family members or friends.
- If you find that some of the information in your medical record is inaccurate, please discuss your concerns with your provider.